Laois County Council works with all the Tidy Town groups ensuring direct engagement regarding community projects. By working together we aim to assist groups with their involvement in the national competition while at the same time successfully delivering our own work programme.
We are an innovative county as we design and deliver complementary activities for the groups in the Federation, including competitions, seminars, workshops and a study tour. It ensures that we are actively involved in projects that make a difference at community level and by doing so we acknowledge the invaluable efforts undertaken by the local volunteers.
We promote engagement with everyone in the locality. Working with office based and area staff, we are able to provide the following supports:
Community Advisory Services
• Mentoring groups as they participate in the National Tidy Towns Scheme
• Development of projects in your community
• Advice on relevant environmental issues e.g. litter management, biodiversity, heritage, architectural conservation, community planning and local infrastructure.
• Various campaigns run by the Environment Section to help compliment your work and tackle problems e.g. Dog Fouling Awareness, Gum Litter Taskforce.
• Annual Tidy Town Grant programme
• Referral Service to other Grant Agencies – eg: Local Development Companies,(previously LEADER) the Heritage Council, National Tree Council
If you would like to find out more information please contact:
• Ann Marie Kelly, Tidy Towns Facilitator Tel: 057 86 74331; 087 2492293 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Siobhan Duff, Assistant Staff Officer Tel: 057 86 74330 Email: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you wish to find out more about the National Tidy Towns programme, please contact
National Tidy Towns Unit, Government Offices, Ballina, Co Mayo
Phone: 096 24309 Email: Email firstname.lastname@example.org