Tips for your Tidy Town Timetable
January to February
• Find out about any Council Funding Schemes available and any other funding deadlines for the year ahead
• Attend Tidy Towns A.G.M.
• Join the Public Participation Network – to get advance notice of events and opportunities. Meet with other groups & learn.
• Start drafting your application – get in contact with the Environment Section as they will provide ongoing support during this time and are happy to review and comment if required on your draft application.
• Update contact details with the Environment Section to ensure updates are circulated to your Tidy Towns group.
March to April
• Watch out for the following application forms:
1. Local Tidy Towns Grant (you don’t have to be involved in the national competition to avail of this grant)
2. Local competitions e.g. Inter Community Litter Challenge and Local Tidy Towns Competition
• Complete the application for National Tidy Towns – remember to highlight all that your community is doing – talk to other local groups and avail of supports available from the Environment Section.
• Register for National Tree Week
• Closing Date for National Tidy Towns Competition – full details are on www.tidytowns.ie
June to August
• Round One and Two of Judging for National Tidy Towns Competition
• Keep motivated and maintain your high standards
• Judging in local competitions
• Environment Awards Winners Announced at National competition.
• Review Reports on Scores.
• Start Planning for Next Year and Drafting Your Tidy Towns Plan.
• Arrange a meeting with the Environment Section to review changes/discuss supports available for the coming year.
October – November
• Watch out for invitations to helpful seminars arranged by the Environment Section.
• Engage with local businesses and schools to help you with implementing your work programme.